I am running the prebuilt Oracle VBox Images for SOA 184.108.40.206.0
Configured it for SOA_OSB_DEV Domain and started the servers which I am successfully able to launch from my local machine browsers
I have then installed OEPE from the oracle website [Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.6) + Coherence – Package Installer]
And the installed the OSB using http://download.oracle.com/otn/nt/middleware/11g/111160/ofm_osb_generic_220.127.116.11.0_disk1_1of1.zip
Note: I only installed the OSB IDE as I do not want to configure the OSB Server on my machine but utilise the Remote server which is why I am using the Oracle provided Vbox images.
I have tried a few things I checked the firewall on the remote Linux box and it’s disabled and so is the selinux.
Also disabled all firewalls on my local machine
PS: I am able to connect to another WebLogic server [non OSB] on a different Vbox image, and I am able to connect to the WebLogic application server from Jdeveloper on both the Vbox images including this one.
The issue was with the config.xml file in the /user_projects/domains/<domainname>/config directory on the server.
For some reason it’s got 10.3.5.0 when the VM says it’s for 18.104.22.168.0.
So, in the file just had to make a change 10.3.5.0 to 10.3.6.0 at 2 places and restarted the server and eclipse.
“domain-version” and “configuration-version” from 10.3.5.0 to 10.3.6.0